From an early age my Slovenian background (both parents emigrated from Slovenia) influenced me to learn populate folk music (Slovenian: narodnozabavna glasba, German: volkstümliche musik) from the alpine regions of central Europe including Slovenia from an early age, on piano accordion, diatonic button accordion, guitar and bass. I learnt the piano accordion from successful teacher and promoter of the accordion Don Quattrocchi for several years.
A few achievements:
- In April 2019 musician and journalist from Slovenia, Jože Galič wrote an article about my work in Slovenian music abroad in a magazine Vikend by Slovenian newspaper Delo.
- In 2019 myself and two other Slovenian-Australians (Peter Grivic and Steve Rezonja) formed a trio, Alpski Muzikantje, performing and promoting Slovenian and Alpine music in Melbourne.
- During the 2020 lockdowns, I participated in a collaboration with Slovenian musicians from USA and Canada which was aired on TV Slovenia’s music program Slovenski Pozdravi.
- Participated in a Christmas collaboration video with Sašo Avsenik (Ansambel Saša Avsenika).
- Contributed to Denis Novato’s second sheet music book.